This is what results during Bella and Blue’s late-night email exchange…
First, I had not a bloody clue that Lee Jong Hyun was a member of CN Blue or from Busan. Sooo cute, but I’m passed the threshold for openly spazzing about him. Bahhh!
Jung Eunji is a cutie pie. Really eloquent and quite clever, but as much as I want to see those two [Seo In Guk & Jung Eunji] hook up, I’m not getting the “dating” vibe from them or that they’re even interested in each other in the romantic sense. Maybe it’s because I’m a cynical hag.
Seo In Guk will probably be a great famewhore in the next few years with more projects and such. He is definitely smart, more talkative than expected, and attention seeking. We may have another Lee Jung Jae in our hands.
Go Show – What exactly is so unique about her show since she isn’t very much an engaging host?
First, so sorry for being late in replying to your email. I had out-of-town guests visiting this weekend and so was completely out of commission. I did end up watching the Go Show. Bleh, what a borefest! And what was up with combining trot singer guests with idol stars? Go Hyun Jung is overpaid, the show has no direction, and it will likely come to an early end like Park Joong Hoon’s talk show. Mark my words! But I enjoyed the part with Jung Eunji and Seo In Guk.
I didn’t get any Lee Jung Jae vibe from Seo In Guk, but I definitely agree that his speech lacks filter. I started cracking up when he described himself as chon-nom, even though the MCs gave him numerous hints and signals for him to stop using that word to describe the Ulsan people.
I disagree. I actually do think there’s something going on between them. (I get the old Han Ji Hye-Lee Dong Gun vibe from them.) And Jung Eunji, gosh, she’s my new girl crush. Very quick and smart (knows how to handle herself in front of the media), and not to mention immensely talented!
Yeah, Lee Jong Hyun is a member of CN Blue. I actually really like his voice, but look-wise, he’s not my type. I was more surprised by how strong his accent was.
By the way, I was watching (and re-watching) the preview for episode 15. I remember someone made a comment that Yoonje looks sick in the preview. I know he caught a cold from Siwon in episode 14, and now I’m wondering perhaps his cold gets serious enough for him to be hospitalized? And his illness will what make Taewoong finally wake up? If that’s the direction they’re going to take, I’m not sure how I feel about it…
Combining these two emails below because I think I sent you multiple ones over the weekend?
I think I finally figured out why I stopped watching these shows unless the guest is someone interesting, and this recent Go Show is a prime example of it. Gahh, I don’t understand how these producers think that having trot singers with idol stars will mingle on a show. So, so random! I also realized how out of touch I am with this K-pop generation if i can’t recognize about 3/4 of them.
Seo In Guk lacks “noon-chi” (tact). I thought the hints were pretty obvious, but he kept blabbering on! If the hosts were any good, they would have played a little bit more on WHICH PD said that they looked like they were dating!
As for your theory, if this counts for anything, I thought he was pretty sincere when relaying why he caused some NGs. However, the evil side of me also said that it was an opportunistic way to generate some PR. Now after I have spent some considerable time this weekend (along with catching up on K-pop gossip) thinking that maybe there is a glimmer of hope for these two based on that blog analysis I sent you, take a look at this article. What kind of rehearsal are we talking about here that there weren’t many NGs for the stairway kiss?!?!?!?! (http://m.news.naver.com/
read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&) sid1=106&oid=108&aid= 0002168543
But to counteract my point earlier, I did read in general that Jung Eunji has a lot of “baeryeoshim,” much like Yoon Eun Hye.
I thought the Lee Dong Gun/Han Ji Hye couple’s chemistry was bloody palpable, even during interviews and promotions. I don’t get that blatant in your face chemistry from these two for some reason. (It’s certainly not something you can hide). You think there really is something?
Preview for epi 15 - I don’t think I have to tell you about any spoilers (because you know I would have told you already, but they have literally dried up along with some Youtube clips. I am so so pissed!), but I can actually see how your theory is applicable because there was that one spoiler about how Siwon was seen crying in the hospital. However, since there was the other spoiler about Taewoong as a patient, I thought that maybe the spoiler wasn’t relevant or the person got the scene all wrong. But if your theory is correct, then perhaps Yoonje was really hospitalized due to the cold developing into pneumonia and Siwon crying over him corresponds to that scene.
I think it would be a nice way to wrap it up. I would prefer it considering that I don’t see how they can resolve it in time. I am not digging how this whole conflict of Taewoong fighting for Siwon’s heart is relevant this late in the game. I want to see how they play out the significance of the couple ring, Yoonje keeping the “S” (and engraved/embossed no less!), and if they dated other people during the 6 years they were apart. Other stuff rather than this nonsense!
Another observation- Lee Jong Hyun- so adorable and such pretty skin!
Not which PD, but what is the name of that pd?
Yup, there’s only one PD- Shin Won Ho. There may be many assistant PDs though.
Ah, yes! Noonchi! Perfect word choice. I find it hilarious that he lacks noonchi. But surprisingly, I like that about him. It’s better than the borefest that becomes of actors after they get trained in what to say (and not to say). For example, why are Lee Min Ho’s interviews so damn boring. I want the dirt, dammit!
Hmm, and by the way, this may be my “nocheonyeo” syndrome speaking, but I want to see a bed scene between Yoonje and Siwon!
Woman, we are not that bloody old! But I secretly want one too. After all, a baby didn’t come about without it! I can be happy without a honeymoon scene, but at least 1 or 2 bed scenes during their dating phase? Since it’s a cable drama and they are in their mid 20s at this point, it’s realistic to expect premarital sex? For bloody sake, they touched upon homosexuality and several, several references to porn! Weird things pop up when I think of these two, such as:
1. Are these two virgins at this point?
2. Did they even date anyone?
3. Damn, if I was as smart as Yoonje, I could have been a judge at 25/26. I mean he probably scored like in the 1% range to be one.
Exactly! My imagination runs wild when it comes to these two. But this is my guess.
1. I think Siwon definitely is. Especially with Taewoong always being by her side, I don’t think she would have had the chance to see anyone seriously during the last 6 years. Yoonje… who knows? Perhaps he tried to get over Siwon by being promiscious with other girls. Or, he vented that frustration by immersing himself in his studies?
2. See above.
3. It’s almost ridiculous how smart the writers made the two Yoon brothers… But hey! That fact made them more desirable and sexier. Why can’t these guys actually exist in real life?
If Yoonje is so good in everything (because apparently he’s a good kisser without much practice), I wonder if he’s good in bed. Hmm… Something to dwell on.
1. I give it a 60/40 chance (60% a virgin to 40% popping the cherry) that she is a virgin. He can’t scare off every single guy and how can he keep tabs on her 24/7. She is stealth when she wants to be. It’s like all Korean kids go crazy during the college years, releasing all that pent up frustration since they didn’t do it during the school years i.e. dressing up, going out, clubbing, drinking, etc.
I give Yoonje a 80/20 chance (80% total non-virgin) because at that age in Korea, I just completely doubt it. Also, the three of them (Hakchan, Yoonje, and Sungjae) pass along porn like it’s candy. Curiosity killed the cat, yadda yadda.
2. Don’t you wonder if they will ever address what Yoonje thought of his roommate not inviting any girls over or talking about them throughout the 6 years?
3. Major props to Joonhee and Siwon for not discussing Yoonje and his whereabouts for 6 years. They definitely kept in contact throughout the years, but what are the odds of Sungjae not discussing what Yoonje has been up to for the past 6 years with Siwon. It’s like all 6 of them kept in touch but they all decided that discussing the sudden chill of Yoonje and Siwon’s relationship was taboo. Or they decided not to mention either of them in their presence.This is what I want to know, don’t you?
4. Guys like that don’t exist!
5. I haven’t been up to date on Korean politics as of late, but if Taewoong’s character is modeled after Ahn Chul Soo (Are you up to date? Politics is politics, but it’s so lowball in Korea right now that I can’t help but read the sleazy portion of it), Taewoong should be a saint because Ahn Chul Soo sounds like one. (Which reminds me… I have to get his book!)
6. My thoughts (because my imagination goes toward the pervy side of things): If Siwon is a virgin and Yoonje miraculously is a virgin on their wedding night, hopefully he knew what he was doing since he learned everything from porn! For some reason, I can see him taking charge in the bedroom while to the outside world, she has him completely under her thumb.
If you want to be technical about it, Yoonje’s virginity will also weigh heavily on whether or not he went to the army. Cause let’s be frank here. Korean army is one huge sex ed. But based on my calculation, in order for him to have made judge in six years, he couldn’t have gone to the army yet. Thus, your non-virgin ratio is too high.
Taewoong is definitely modeled after Ahn Chul Soo. As far as I’m concerned, tvN is trying to score points with him. That, and majority of those Happy Sunday/Infinite Challenge crew members heavily lean left.
And as for Yoonje and Siwon’s sex life, rawwwrrrr~~~
Oh, my effing goodness! This is why I shouldn’t ship or search for anything related to this drama!
He just had to add the adlib part about the hand on the knee, which I have been repeating for the past half hour too see if it was her knee or his, and now this banjun shit. Damnit!!!!
You may be right about these two after all!
I’m screwed for the rest of the night and now for the week since it’s airing tomorrow!
It’s definitely his knee. And I told you so. Don’t doubt me, woman! Haven’t you learned your lesson yet? By the way, I think we should post this email chain on the blog. Censoring some stuff, of course!